Shadows

He reveals the deep things of darkness and bring deep shadows into the light.
Job 12:22

There are days, much like the past few, when the shadows are coal-black. When darkness hovers and thoughts get cloudy. My eyes ache for signs of life. My soul thirsts for greener pastures.

I long for the sun to chase away the shadows.

I beseech the Son to drive out the darkness.


It is an old battle, this anxious, soul scaring sorrow. Years have past since its last visit, but it feels much the same as it did then. I analyze. Is it fear? Longing? Misplaced desire? Sky high expectations? Self thoughts? Lack of faith?

Truth reveals: all of the above. Bust mostly? Too much me and not enough Him.

Strange, because I've never felt closer. Like the deer I pant. Like the Psalmist, although answer are not at the ready, I will stand firm in my resolve.


Why so downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

Psalm 42:11


{The thing about shadows? They wouldn't exist without the sun.}

Comments
One Response to “Shadows”
  1. very true & very insightful.
    thanks for sharing.




Popular Posts

About

My Photo
Casey
I am a lover of: God... my sexy husband... 3 of the cutest kiddos in the world... deep friendships... a good book... music that moves me... the beach... sunshine... cooking... and laughter.
View my complete profile

Blogger templates