His Song

"Show me your face, let me hear your voice; for your voice is sweet and your face is lovely." Song of Solomon 2:14

Stepping quietly into His presence, I can feel His breath tickle my ear, "Be still."

Lids drop, thoughts slow. Deep breath.

"Hello, Lord."

"Hello, Beloved."


I feel Him close; my heart races... then slows as He draws near. I know this time is sacred, and so very, very needed. The peace that comes is overwhelming.

I rest as He sings His song over me.
"Show me your face, let me hear your voice; for your voice is sweet and your face is lovely." (Song of Solomon 2:14)

"You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride; you have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes."
(Song of Solomon 4:9)

"Find rest in Me alone. I am your salvation. I am your rock, your unshakable fortress."
(Psalm 62: 1&2)

"I am behind you and go before you. My hand is upon you. I surround you always. I created you fearfully and wonderfully. You are not hidden from me. I have ordained your days.
" (Psalm 139: 5, 13, 16)

"I take great delight in you. I will quiet you with my love. I will rejoice over you with my song." (Zephaniah 3:17)

His love is so real. Words true and life-giving. These moments, cherished. Precious. Sacred. Every blink, He knows. Every sigh, He understands. A heart full of wonder, once again about to burst.

"You are beautiful. You are my treasure."

His words, a treasure themselves. Buried deep. Kept in the secret place to always remember and hold dear.

I don't want to lose this moment. This quiet presence.

Your beauty surrounds me and I am overcome. Come, Lord, linger. Invade, walk the halls of this house. Holy Spirit, dwell here. Make this your home. My heart is set on you; my gaze is fixed on you. You are my desire, and I return to you, my first love.

Comments
One Response to “His Song”
  1. Anonymous says:

    I don't know why, but this post made me cry. I guess it was something I needed to read and reflect on. Bless you.

    Amanda




Popular Posts

About

My Photo
Casey
I am a lover of: God... my sexy husband... 3 of the cutest kiddos in the world... deep friendships... a good book... music that moves me... the beach... sunshine... cooking... and laughter.
View my complete profile

Blogger templates